Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seeing a counselor

So, after a not-so-good night on Monday, I made an appointment to see a counselor on Thursday. I had a panic attack on Monday night, which included me getting sick for the first time in a long time. When I was younger, around middle school age, I would throw up every night. I didn't know then that it was from being anxious, but the other night reminded me of that. I just got so wrapped up in my own head. I think most of the time I think myself into a panic attack. I worry about having one, which makes me have one. I took one of my Klonopins and finally relaxed about an hour later. Ever since then, I've been taking half a Klonopin twice a day. It seems to help calm me down a lot.

I went to the gym yesterday afternoon after work. My mom thought it would be good for me to start exercising again to get rid of some of my nervous energy. So, I'm going to start going a couple of times a week. It seems like I get most anxious when my mind is free to wander, so I'm going to try to keep busy after work. I'm gonna try to get my mom or sister to take walks with me after I get home. I think I'm also going to start cooking dinner to keep me occupied after I get home. I want to try to keep my mind as busy as possible so I don't have room for anxious thoughts.

I got nice e-mails from two of my friends and my aunt, who went through the same thing I did. She gave me the name of her counselor that really helped her because she went through panic attacks herself. So, if the one I'm going to on Thursday doesn't work out, I'll try her. She's in Fredericksburg, so it's a bit of a drive, but I wouldn't mind doing it if it would help.

Will check in tomorrow after my appointment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment