Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rosie

Two posts in one day...a new record! I was looking through my old Facebook profile pictures and saw one of my first dog, Rosie. We got her when I was seven. I loved that dog so much. We had her for 14 wonderful years. At the end, she had to wear a baby diaper because she peed everywhere all the time. The only way we could keep it on her was to put her in a baby onesie. It sounds awful and it was probably so selfish and unfair to her because I know she didn't like it. But we just wanted to keep her for as long as we could. I still remember the day we decided to put her to sleep. I remember that the last thing I ever said to her was that I loved her so much. I went to work that day because I couldn't bear to be at home. I remember calling the house around 2pm and my dad answered, saying that my mom and sister had taken her. I could tell he was crying - it was the only time I've heard my dad cry. I don't know why I got so emotional thinking about her tonight. I guess it's the whole meds thing. Tomorrow will be 2 years and 7 months since she's been gone.

Here's a picture of my girl.

My mom and I got tattoos the day after we put her to sleep. It was her first, my second. It's a heart with a rose through it. I like to think every time it itches, she's thinking of me. :)



I won't ever forget her. I know people might think it's weird to be like this over a dog, but I considered her to be a member of my family and I'll always miss her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment