Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Update

I went to the doctor today to talk about changing my medication. Since I had to wait so long for the other appointment, I went to the office that my mom goes to and saw a new doctor. She was super nice and I'm very glad I made the change. She's going to wean me off the Effexor over the next two weeks. Right now I'm taking 150mg. For the next week, I'll take 75mg, and the week after that, I'll take 37.5mg. I can't start until Thursday night because the pharmacy I go to had to order some tablets so I could cut them in half (I currently take capsules). After I finish the 37.5mg week, I'll start taking 10mg of Lexapro. This was actually the first antidepressant I took. I started it right before I went to college. I'm not sure if I was on it long enough for it to do its job, so we'll try again. If 10mg doesn't work, maybe I can up the dosage to 20mg. The doctor also gave me an rx for Lunesta for the next week. She said it will help me sleep, and the more sleep I get, the less anxiety I'll have while coming off the Effexor. She said I'd probably have some increased anxiety and trouble sleeping and might be nauseous. Compared to what I read on the internet about some people's withdrawal symptoms, these sound pretty tame. So, I'll take my first decreased dose of Effexor on Thursday night and we'll see how I feel on Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment